Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Dirt path

Being followed on a dirt road isn't as painful or even new as it once was.

This is my road and I know every pebble and ripple in the sand.

The moon is out in full glory and my follower is lurking in the shadows of the trees.

I am a conscience temptation as I make sure to walk in the center of the path.

I feel his eyes peering into the back of my neck, searching my mind for fear.

I don't walk in fear, I walk in hope.

Though his eyes pierce like daggers my way is not shaken and my foot is grounded.

He moves from shadow to shadow without touching the ground or making a noise.

The silence on the path creates a tense conversation.

My soul knows he is here for my demise, waiting to strike.

The shadows cross the road at this point.

His opportunity is here! I inhale and exhale.

He looms over me pressing on me with such intense power, my balance falters as I find myself now kneeling on the ground.

His eyes scream victory! As my lips whisper his finish.

His time complete, passed away.

As for Christ He is my weapon, my hope and strength.

Though I fall I will stand once again on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment