Sunday, November 20, 2011

Heal My Land

The fact that weeping has ceased does not mean ones heart is finished praying. 

The tension of the heart directly after a sin is revealed  is great. Vision is blurred and breathing even becomes a chore. You might not know what your next steps should be. Did you know that Christ said that;

15“If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. 16But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. 17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector. 18Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. 19Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” (Matthew 18:15-20)

You are given scripture and your friends to help guide you in what actions you should take. 

(Craig, to his friend) "I was truly hurt when I found out you stole my five dollars yesterday. Will you give back the money?"

(Justin, to his friend) "George I don't think it was right for you to not write out your insurance information on that parked car you bumped into the other day, it has been weighing on my conscience these past few days. You need to find out who that was."

 The church exists in order to keep itself pure for Christ. When a person who is saved sins they are outside of the working order of the church and make it sick. James writes this about coming over the sick and the sinful in the church.

James 5:15-18
"15And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 16Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. 17Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth. 18Then he prayed again, and heaven gave rain, and the earth bore its fruit."

In 2 Chronicles 7:14 the LORD says this, "if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land." 

As a sinner I find such great comfort that God will be glorified in saving me from my sins. When I confess and turn from what actions I have taken in the past and pray fervently fruit will sprout and others will be blessed by the grace God has shown me. He alone will heal my land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment