Friday, November 25, 2011

SLOW TO SPEAK

Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.
(James 1:19-21 ESV)

Quick to hear, quick to have ears ready to listen to the word of God.

Heart, slow down take time to read the Word and slow down. Reread and understand.

Mouth, don't speak without reason, or allowing the brain to think.

Slow to speak? This does not mean slow in speech. It means contemplate before you respond.

I think that when I become angry my mouth listens to my heart before he listens to my mind and the Word of God.

So quick I have something wicked to say in response.

Heart, remember that 'meekness' does not mean 'weakness'. Meekness is becoming humble to the Word of God our father.

I pray that our LORD will teach me to be slow in speaking, and quick to listen to His Word.


Good and upright is the LORD;
therefore he instructs sinners in the way.
He leads the humble in what is right,
and teaches the humble his way.
All the paths of the LORD are steadfast love and faithfulness,
for those who keep his covenant and his testimonies.
(Psalm 25:8-10 ESV)

1 comment:

  1. this is one of my biggest problems, I speak without thinking way too much. sometimes I just want to take a vow of silence and not talk at all for a while.

    ReplyDelete