Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Steadfast

Did you know that James wrote this in his letter to the tribes?


Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.
(James 1:12-15 ESV)

Remember that steadfastness is the product of our tested faith through the various trials we face. James 1:2-3

Day in and day out I am a forgetful man.

God, why do i forget so quickly even hourly the works of your mighty hand?

God you don't tempt me.

When my heart is encouraged to do wrong the desires stem from sin, not from the words You have taught me in Your word.

Every time I act out selfishly I think that the actions will produce a situation that will benefit me in the long run.

I see a product that is so very temporal. MY HEART is so STUPID. Every time I feel frail and listen to myself the actions lead to death!

A good friend asked that I spend some time today reflecting on Psalm 23. This verse stuck out to me as I prayed through the Psalm


He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
(Psalm 23:3 ESV)

When I am in a time of trial, whether or not it is of my own making, if I follow my LORD He will lead me and restore my strength. He leads me to righteousness. All of this He does for His names sake!

The LORD does not tempt, He leads. The LORD does not produce death. He leads to me to life.


I pray that the LORD will give me a steadfastness for the glory of HIS NAME.

I was thinking about these things today.

No comments:

Post a Comment