Friday, November 18, 2011

What Will Tomorrow Bring?

Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”—yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.” As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.
(James 4:13-17 ESV)

Today I am packing to move to a new place. I had no plans of doing this less than a week ago. Little did i know that the LORD would be using these events to tear my own expectations to align myself with Him in such a way. Earlier in this very same chapter James wrote.


But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”
(James 4:6 ESV)

Now know this, James is not reminding us that it is wrong to make future plans and pursue them with gusto! What James is saying is pursue with a humble gusto! Knowing that the LORD is the one that directs our steps, it is not our own doing. I know that i need to be seeking the face of the LORD and in so doing He will go before me and prepare my way.

The LORD teaches us in each aspects of our lives. He even cares about what we might consider tiny parts of our lives. Be humbled by not making your own plans of your heart, lest God humble you. Take an active precaution to be at peace knowing that we have the LORD of the UNIVERSE going before us!

I am taking some time today to consider these things.

1 comment:

  1. At least you're going with a good attitude :) I tried to text you but I don't know if I have your right number. So when you get settled in, don't forget that we need to have coffee!! --Lindsey

    ReplyDelete