Sunday, March 18, 2012

I have realized something about myself this weekend. I depend far to much on coffee.

This morning I sat in church and went to my grandparents for lunch. I began getting a monster headache and could barely eat anything, and laid down on the couch for three hours.

This is not the first caffeine headache i have ever had, and I should know better than to let my body become that codependent on something like coffee.

Coffee is pretty sneaky and tricks me.


Now in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver but also of wood and clay, some for honorable use, some for dishonorable. Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work.
So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.

(2 Timothy 2:20-26 ESV)


I think that much like coffee Satan sneaks into our lives and destroys us, tricking our minds that we need something other than Christ to make it in this world.

Granted coffee is not Satan, and I still will drink coffee but thinking about how sneaky it is helped me realize how demonicly sinister Satan is.

LORD help me to be a wooden cup in Your house ready for use when You need me, fill me with grace to share with Your guests.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment