Friday, March 9, 2012

Inner Hope

I went and saw "The Muppets" with my sisters and cousins tonight.

I am always inspired when I see the creativity of others. I love seeing  stories come together and a plot twist and turn.

It is also interesting how much philosophy and world view come into play in a movie created for children.

The main character is encouraged to discover within himself the special gift he can add to the group- to believe in himself and then he can succeed.

I have found that if I was to follow this idea for my own life I would be terribly disappointed with myself.

The Psalmist writes this to our God:


I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
(Psalm 139:14 ESV)

God has created you and me as individuals and we are to find our hope in Christ. When I look within myself as a Christian I see that He is the one holding me together. If I was not saved I would look inside for some form of hope and find myself empty and without help.

Obviously this movie was from a secular perspective attempting to encourage young people and build self esteem.

In fact I really enjoyed the movie and laughed through most of it. I wish the creativity of these writers could be used to help young Christian children laugh and find their inner hope in Christ.

We all are created with WONDER and MIRCLE by a LORD who LOVES us. He has given each a gift and when you find Him that gift can be used FULLY.

LORD thank you for completing me.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment