Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What is with the drama?

I look back and am so excited because I am not there any more.

I am glad that God has created time so that we can move on with life and not sit in one place at a constant state.

People who say they are trustworthy some times aren't. People are simply disappointing, me included.

I praise my LORD for giving the promise of making perfect in me, something I cannot do.


My son, keep my words
and treasure up my commandments with you;
keep my commandments and live;
keep my teaching as the apple of your eye;
bind them on your fingers;
write them on the tablet of your heart.
(Proverbs 7:1-3 ESV)

When ever anyone actively pursues wisdom the LORD greatly provides.

James writes,


If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.
(James 1:5 ESV)

Now James also reminds the reader that also:


But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.
(James 1:22-25 ESV)

I don't know about you but if I am not actively in the WORD of GOD then I actively forget the WORD of GOD. It is WORK- Therefore an ACTION VERB! Not that my SALVATION is dependent on this WORK but my expression of LOVE is.

How does God know I love HIS grace that He gave me FREELY? By my LOVE in OBEDIENCE.

Some times people have a way of suffocating any freedom in grace. Surely they have forgotten that it is only by GRACE that any OBEDIENCE is capable.

GRACE not taken for granted (ROMANS 6 in mind).

Remember you and I are sinners; our natural intent is always wrong. That is why Paul reminds us in Philippians to train our minds.


Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
(Philippians 4:8 ESV)

Granted people can spend their lives working out and using a microscope to discover all the sins. And as they see each of them attach that label to themselves.

ex. "I am a liar." "I am a murder." "I am glutton." "I am an alcoholic."   ...ect.

People will hold on to these sins as something not rid of but apart of their being. Granted this is a fallen world and each of the examples are mere attributes to the problem of sin.

SIN conquered on the CROSS and LIVED out in a BELIEVER or CHRISTIAN.


“Death is swallowed up in victory.”
“O death, where is your victory?
O death, where is your sting?”
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
(1 Corinthians 15:54-57 ESV)

You and I need to be saying- nay yelling this;

"GLUTTONY where is your sting?!"
"LYING you are DEAD!!"
 "HATE there is DEATH for you LOVE indwells me now!!!"
"DRINK you have LOST Christ has the VICTORY!"

 LORD build me. ENGRAVE  Your wisdom on my heart. I know I am slow; teach me on Your time. I am here. A willing vessel. 


AMEN 

No comments:

Post a Comment