Sunday, March 4, 2012

Many Blessings

Have you ever been angry with God? I have; much like being angry at a parent you might recent the choices God has made for your own life. 

What snapped me out of my anger from God most recently was a visit from three dear friends. Never calling me out their actions and nearness to God caused me to realize what I was neglecting. 

I missed my Father. I spent two days holding healthy discussions and active time hanging out. 

My friend Mike and I began a discussion of what I call "Getting there , but not there yet", and what he calls being SANCTIFIED. 

Growing as a man he was telling me is a tenuous and difficult process of actively choosing wise choices consecutively one after the other. Our natural man always wants selfishly for himself and recognizing those choices and deciding against them. 

He went on reminding me that Satan above all things wants us to forget these verses.

We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God. So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.
(Romans 6:9-11 ESV)

WE as saved men and women have conquered DEATH by Christ, and also by Christ have CONQUERED sin. Because the death of our flesh will fall away but we live on in Christ. 
---------------------------------------------

LORD thank you for your persistence in teaching me and helping me grow into a man. 

Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment