Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Slave to a new master

I had a conversation today with a wise man that shared with me proper prayer and appropriate prayer. 

He was talking about praying for the will of God. In all circumstances pray that God be at work teaching you. 

Don't block His Spirit from sending its grace in your life. Allow Him to touch you, move you and be at work loving on you forward into His kingdom. 

There have been times that I felt jilted or miss treated and find excuses not to allow God to love me back into righteous joy. 

This leaves me simply miserable considering the only one I trust I am pushing away.  

He also reminded me that no matter where you are and what you do you are counseling people by your actions. 

The Holy Spirit brought to my mind the people God has sent me even in this past week to talk with. 

I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification.
(Romans 6:19 ESV)

Though I will never be perfect my master will direct me to righteousness. 

When I am in the world with the MARK of Christ in my actions lawless men and women will recognize Christ in me. 

Thank you LORD for continuing to send people into my life that encourage me and speak truth to me. Thank you for the lost men and women that I have been able to share your name to. Take my tongue and make it have the fragrance of your words. I depend on you- I will only say something stupid. 

-AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment