Monday, March 12, 2012

A man from APOLLO

I love getting to know people. God sent me a special man to get to know today. One of our employees is an elderly gentleman who does handy work for our company. I have given him endless amounts of tasks in the last couple of months. In that time I never had the opportunity to talk with him.

Today God gave me the chance to sit down and find out how he ended up working with us.

To my delight I found out he lived in Florida for a long time in the city of Mims very close to an area I grew up in! He worked with NASA during all of the APOLLO missions, missing only two- the tragedy of the first APOLLO mission and the glory of the last one which was the only one to launch at night.

He was full of inside stories of each of the missions, and was apart of the team that worked with Ken Mattingly simulating solutions for the APOLLO 13 disaster.

God gives each of us such amazing experiences. And when we let Him write our story we can talk about our lives with a history of JOY.

As he sat and told me these stories I could see a twinkle in his eye with an air of excitement. I look forward to speaking about what Christ has done in my life with a twinkle in my eye and air of anticipation for what He has for me next.

Break me LORD, mold me!
My history is Your story.
I flee from a broken past in my eyes,
All I see from Your arms is a life flowered by Your grace.

Perspective seems everything
From my eyes I see blame and shame,

From your ROCK I see my life whole
from pieces to peace.

I praise only You.

AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment