Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Don't expect anything.

I woke up this morning got myself all ready and prepped for a Resume drop. I walked outside and it was spitting snow and the ground was frozen. 

I had done all sorts of research for the company and felt pretty set on what I was going to say. On my way I prayed for my time and that God would bless the conversation I was about to have.

When I showed up at the location I took a deep breathe and stepped out into the cold and walked towards the building, my resume in hand. 

I walked in and handed in my resume, and was given a application. I was going to be interviewed the same day! I did not expect that! So I braced myself mentally as I filled out the application. 

It came to the part were I was to put down what position I was applying for and I had forgotten the description! I felt like an idiot! 

I approached the front desk and asked the Job Title, and she replied with a different response than I had prepared for! I did not even know that the one she said was one that was being offered. 

I was caught so off guard that I just smiled and said "yes ma'am". 

She then informed me that my interview would be shortly. This was all a surprise to me. 

I was offered a position and was baffled by how I ended up where I was. 

I did not accept the job outright, but I did not leave without having a good conversation with the man interviewing me.   

Today has taught me that I should not go out of this house expecting anything. My God is mightier than I am and He can provide me with what He wills. 

LORD lead me and guide me. Take me where you want and don't let me presume to know anything expect You and the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment