Thursday, January 12, 2012


Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. Only let us hold true to what we have attained.
(Philippians 3:12-16 ESV)

As I press on towards the goal Christ has set before me I will not wallow in the guilt of my past but allow His timing to build character as I don't hesitate to pursue His purpose here now and the future. Certainly my circumstances have come from personal sin; sin that has been forgiven and forgotten by my Father in heaven by the grace of the Cross. And as I imitate Him I will only allow the circumstances define my actions in the pursuit He has before me. Circumstances define where I am now but not my passion for Christ, and only serve to define my prayer life and actions forward. 


Lord continue to give me courage and strength as I pursue You with my whole being. 
I am tickled at the thought of what God has in store for those who love Him. And I look forward to what is coming next! 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment