Sunday, January 8, 2012

John Wrote

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
(1 John 2:1 ESV)

Jim Elliot wrote about this verse;
"The Scriptures were written to this very intent: to be a means of grace in struggling against sin. Would that Christians read their Scriptures. We should have a holier band for it."

God has been teaching me the health in reading through the Bible. Certainly He has revealed to me His grace, never more than through the way He writes His laws in Leviticus!

I encourage everyone to read the Scriptures completely not just sections! God will bless you for it by revealing His grace to you as He has done for me.

Thank You Lord for Your word so that I know Your love and laws.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment