Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I Surrender

Psalms 119:67
"Before I was afflicted I went astray
But now I keep Your word"

"All to Jesus I surrender, make me, savior, wholly thine" 

From the Hymn 'I Surrender All' by Judson W. DeVenture

I have been thinking this thought allot lately. And I desire my prayer life to reflect it. I desire Christ to make me, to physically tackle me and to place me in His courts. I desire God to work within me in a way that destroys any idolatry or selfish ambition I have.

Christ has claimed me and He has shed His blood for me. I wave the white flag and surrender.  

He has victory over my soul. 

I cannot fight against my LORD any more! 
I have to quit or it will be the eternal death of me. 

O LORD you have bought my soul with your blood,
  I am unworthy and praise you for your grace!

Keep my daydreaming heart at bay!

Keep me reflecting on honorable lovely and pure thoughts!

Teach my heart humility whatever it costs! Even my life!

I would rather be humbled before you than follow those who STAND apart from your glory. 

Don't count me as one of them. I surrender. 

I am slave to you alone. I will follow you as you lead me. Direct my steps.

I claim Your peace that I don't Understand or need to understand but am free to express by Your grace! 

Thank you for guarding my whole being and for keeping me safe.

Psalm 119:71
"It was good for me that I was afflicted,
That I might learn Your statutes."

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment