Thursday, December 29, 2011

Physically Binding

Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you;
bind them around your neck;
write them on the tablet of your heart.
So you will find favor and good success
in the sight of God and man.

(Proverbs 3:3-4 ESV)

Have you ever thought about how hard it is to love some people?

They might have an annoying habit, or be constantly complaining about pointless things.

Today I was finding myself becoming deeply frustrated with some one I have to spend allot of time with.

I love this person, or i profess to them I do. But there are times I become so very annoyed none of my actions show this person love!

I do not want to be patient with the person, I don't want to be joyful or listen to him. I end up just COPING with the person instead of loving him.

Have you ever felt this way?

I know I have and not only with this one person! Their have been multiple people I have trouble loving!

Paul wrote this,


Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

(1 Corinthians 13:4-7 ESV)

I think my heart broke every single one of the standards for love to this one person today. I may not have expressed it verbally but my demeanor sure did show it!

I am so very thankful for my Messiah who has loved me so steadfastly!

LORD help me to write these standards of love on my heart, so I will not sin against you!

So that I will be an example in my demeanor, and attitude.

I want so badly to find favor in your sight alone.

Thank you for your love,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment