Monday, December 19, 2011

Letters from old

A good friend once wrote me a letter making an observation of one of my many faults.

My friend wrote in paraphrase:
  
 "I fear you take all the problems on yourself instead of giving them to God like it says to do in 1 Peter 5:7, and that worries me."


Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
(1 Peter 5:6-7 ESV)

Later in the letter my friend wrote:

 "When you hold out against God and control your own life, you just DON'T stand a CHANCE."

I am glad to look back at a letter from several years ago and be taught a lesson. This friend has such insight into my life.

LORD help me to continue and cast all my anxieties on You.

Lead me by Your MIGHTY hand, so that at the PROPER time YOU alone will exalt me.

LORD bless my dear friend.

I pray that I will be as good a friend to others as this friend has been to me.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment